Thread: Is it ok i install ubuntu 14.04 64-bit then some day change the ram?

Beans

Question Is it ok i install ubuntu 14.04 64-bit then some day change the ram?

Hello ,

I LOVE UBUNTU , but i can't run the game i like (command & conquer on origins for windows and i use playonlinux) and i can't play the game because bad ram i got 4GB (3.60 useable) and this is a 64-bit computer (HP) i started to switch to Windows 8.1 and I get payed from work (I'm 16) on Thursday and i was looking on Ebay at some ram (DDR3 laptop 8GB) and for sure of upgrading the ram so i was thinking to reinstall ubuntu 64-bit today then buy the ram on Thursday. So i think i know this might be a stupid question but i want to make sure that before installing ubuntu today then buy the ram on Thursday then have to reinstalling ubuntu. so should i wait for the more ram or is it ok to install it and i can install the ram on when i get it. Thank You!
    Last edited by Cody_Tellor; July 30th, 2014 at 01:22 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Is it ok i install ubuntu 14.04 64-bit then some day change the ram?

Hello!

No, you do not need to re-install. However you do need to be sure your motherboard supports that much RAM.

Have fun!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.