Thread: Problem with keyboard shortcuts on Ubuntu 14.04 + Gnome Session Fallback (Metacity)

Beans

Problem with keyboard shortcuts on Ubuntu 14.04 + Gnome Session Fallback (Metacity)

Hello,

I've been searching for this problem through Web, but could not find any solution. It is kinda weird. I have Ubuntu 14.04 and installed Gnome Session Fallback because I like Gnome classic more than unity. I use Gnome Metacity as manager and everything works fine, except that I can't use shortcut to show desktop (super + d does not work, nor ctrl + alt + d, or alt + d, etc...). However, alt+tab works to switch apps, ctrl+alt+arrows works to switch workspace, etc... Everything seems fine, except show desktop shortcut. When I go to system preferences > keyboard > keyboard shortcuts, there is no "Navigation" menu so that I can configure a shortcut to "show desktop".

Anyone can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Problem with keyboard shortcuts on Ubuntu 14.04 + Gnome Session Fallback (Metacit

I encountered a similar problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217817

For me it was "run-panel-dialog", but some of the flashback w/metacity default keybindings aren't set properly.

Anyway, if you install 'dconf-tools' you'll then find dconf Editor in System Tools. Then navigate to org > gnome > desktop > wm > keybindings and you'll find show desktop:

show-desktop.png

You should just be able to click on Set to Default.

But I think that's a bug

I need to check that behavior in Edubuntu, if it's messed up there I'll probably file a bug report.

Beans

Re: Problem with keyboard shortcuts on Ubuntu 14.04 + Gnome Session Fallback (Metacit

Hello Kansasnoob,

Thank you. Thank you very much. It worked right away and I really appreciated it.

Thanks a lot!

Beans

The bug has been filed:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...p/+bug/1073393

I added a reference to this thread