Thread: how to piece it all together?

Beans

how to piece it all together?

Hello! I am new to this site, as well to the world of Linux.
    I have been studying Linux on Ubuntu 12.04 for a few months, now.
    I feel like I have learned a good deal of information, but I just can't seem to be able to piece it all together to make me believe I can pass the Lpic exam.
    I am kind of on a time crunch, because in a month and a half I want to be able to get my certification before moving back across the country where I actually live. (long story.. just here to study)

I have been watching CBT Nuggets, Eli the Science Guy, Professor Messer, Google everything, working with a terminal, etc.
    I just don't feel like I am learning enough to be able to take the test. It's just not all fitting together, if that makes sense.

I just don't know what else to do, what guidelines I should follow, and what, specifically, I should be focusing on. I feel like I am all over the place, and I really can't afford to waste my time reading and studying things that don't really pertain to the test. Also, on the flip side, I don't want to leave out anything I SHOULD be studying.

Please, if anyone has a good suggestion for a guideline on what to learn, I am all ears. (or eyes, in this case. lol)

also, just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the test is like? a lot of multiple choice questions? Do they just sit you in front of a computer and tell you to do what they ask?

Please, be gentle. I'm new and getting nervous.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: how to piece it all together?

Moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Maybe you should try the practice exams?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

thank you. I have tried a few.
    I just purchased the Linux Academy course. I'm hoping that will help steer me in the right direction.
    I also just lined up a tutor. I guess bottom line, I can't do this all on my own.