Thread: wireless was OK with Lubuntu 14.04 daily build 25-MAR but now NOT OK with rel 17-APR

Beans

wireless was OK with Lubuntu 14.04 daily build 25-MAR but now NOT OK with rel 17-APR

hp pavillion dv2036ea this old laptop has a 802.11g wireless adapter built in. But I have new 802.11n wireless adapter (bought from ThePiHut) that I have used on this laptop which was successfully recognised when I installed Lubuntu Trusty Tahr daily build on 25-MAR-2014.

But I have now downloaded latest release Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr on 17-APR-2014 and when I install this version, it doesn't recognise the wireless adapter.

The wireless adapter is Ralink Tech Corp RT5370

when I run sudo lshw, I get the following results...

*-network
    description: Wireless interface
    physical id: 2
    bus info: usb@1:6
    logical name: wlan1
    serial: 00:0f:55:a8:2e:38
    capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.13.0-24-generic firmware=0.29 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn

Any idea why I can't get wireless running with the latest Trusty Tahr? I don't know how to install the driver manually as I am new to Linux, but have a disc with the driver on it, in a zip file. If there are any step-by-step instructions I could try to use the terminal to install it.

any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by parker-hugh; April 18th, 2014 at 06:40 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: wireless was OK with Lubuntu 14.04 daily build 25-MAR but now NOT OK with rel 17-

Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog