Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Copy.com indicator problem with Ubuntu 14.04

Which version do you have ?
    Code:
    Installed: 12.10.1+13.10.20130920-0ubuntu4
    Running your error :
    Code:
    QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme
    brings up some bugs related to 13.03 such as this one : QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

So, this is a bug continuing from 13.10 . What can I do now? I really need Copy to work smoothly, espeacially in the absence of Ubuntu One.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I do not know what happened to the links in my previous post, I need to get used to the new Chromium and change my cope/pasting routines

Anyway, this one is related to vlc, but I guess it can apply here, there are a few workarounds that I cannot test as the icon and overlays are working here and I am not using unity :
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...1/+bug/1094360
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro

I'm having the same problems as you.
    There are two things wrong here.

One. The indicator not working are because copy put it in the Systray, a standardized panel thing that's used everywhere, but that Canonical figured they didn't like, so they removed it in 13.04 and it's been missing since. There are some fixes made for 13.03 and 13.10, but they are not yet updated for 14.04
    http://www.webupd8.org/2013/05/how-t...t-back-in.html

Two. The gtk theme thing. The "QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme" error you can get fixed by installing "libgnomeui-0".
    After that i get a new error: "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"", that one usually comes then i start copyagent, so i don't know if it's a problem. I tried some of all the goggled fixes installing bunches of gtk canberra stuff, but it does not make any difference.

My Agent are not running. And if i look in the /.copy/trace.txt file i can see that it exits with: "CopyAgent::YCopyMain:Application finished executing".
    It looks like it cannot find a folder under user a Jenkins, which does not exist.
    I attached the trace file.

The weird thing is that the copy agent worked absolutely fine in the Trusty beta (Dev) versions of 14.04
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Code:
    19/04/2014 08:58:49 0x00000000b461b740 CopyAgent::YCopyApp:OS type 'lin' version 0
    19/04/2014 08:58:49 0x00000000b461b740 YAgentSyncInstance:Setting root path to '/home/bapoumba_lxde/Copy'
    19/04/2014 08:58:49 0x00000000b461b740 YAgentSyncInstance:Root path is set to '/home/bapoumba_lxde/Copy'
    19/04/2014 08:58:52 0x00000000a21ecb40 YAgentSyncInstance:Not adding already cached root '/home/bapoumba_lxde/Copy'
    19/04/2014 08:58:52 0x00000000a21ecb40 YAgentSyncInstance:Setting root path user id '/home/bapoumba_lxde/Copy' 11071453
    19/04/2014 08:58:52 0x00000000a21ecb40 YAgentSyncInstance:Database version '1.43.0319' is compatible with min version '0.7.0000'
    This is what I have that differs from yours. Above the first line here, similar trace.
    Not sure why it is looking for a user that does not exist. Did you upgrade your 14.04 install to go to the final release or did you fresh install over ?
    Has the Jenkins user ever existed on your machine ? Is the copy website correct when you log in from a browser ?

Quite weird. Have you tried installing copy again ?
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro

I made i clear installation of 14.04 (64bit), and just downloaded the latest copyagent from copy. ran the copy agent, and got the "QGtkStyle" error. installed "libgnomeui-0" and got the canberra error instead. then i installed all kinds of gtk and canberry files according to every solution i could find on the net. none worked. But i have seen the canberra error before, and have had no problem with it. (it was in trusty beta to)
    because of all the crap i installed, i did a clear installation once more, and are kinda stuck now.

Edit. No Jenkins ever.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Not sure why it is not looking at the proper /home/user..

When I first installed it, I used http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post12989518
    I do not recall what I messed up but I decided to erase all the files (except the tar file) and start over as there was no uninstall procedure I could see. I guess you could give that a shot. It has to point at your /home/user.
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro

Well. Except for the right-click function of the indicator, it seems to work now.
    I just moved the contents of the x86_64 dir to /opt/copy and ran the agent from there. It started up, i could login and it even put in an entry in startup apps that point to /opt/copy/CopyAgent
    I still gives me the "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module", but doesn't seem to matter

From system monitor i can see the agent using cpu, and i have a about 2 2mbit/s download.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well, I guess that sounds good
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by moteprime View Post
    Well. Except for the right-click function of the indicator, it seems to work now.
    I just moved the contents of the x86_64 dir to /opt/copy and ran the agent from there. It started up, i could login and it even put in an entry in startup apps that point to /opt/copy/CopyAgent
    I still gives me the "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module", but doesn't seem to matter

From system monitor i can see the agent using cpu, and i have a about 2 2mbit/s download.

Almost same thing here. Copy is also working fine except the indicator with it's menu. As the menu is not showing, I'm unable to "pause syncing" option. I've tried with Dropbox and Skype, indicator of these two application are working just fine.

I've made a support ticket at Copy.com, waiting for their official reply.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast