Thread: Lost Wireless with Official 14.04

Beans

Lost Wireless with Official 14.04

Hi:

So, I've been running the updated daily build of 14.04 for several months, no problem. With the last, presumably "official" update, I've lost my wireless connection. I get an "empty triangle." When I right click on it, I don't see the toggles for wireless and overall networking, and when I left click, instead of seeing networks I get "connection Properties: eth0, status: error." Presumably this means my ethernet isn't connected, but it works fine when I connect that up.

There's also a "lo, status: idle drop down, and I get the older wireless icon in the tray, but clicking on that leads nowhere useful.

Sooo, I downloaded the official version, which does exactly the same thing. Is this a bug in the official version, or am I missing something simple?

Thanks!

Bill
    Last edited by wjbmd48; April 18th, 2014 at 02:15 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Lost Wireless with Official 14.04

Please see the notice at the top of the Ubuntu+1 forum.

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Lost Wireless with Official 14.04

Can you post a screenshot of what you see in the dropdown menu please? More than one screenshots if required. A couple of things you described sound a bit unfamiliar to me (I am still on 12.04.1 by the way )

To show us a detailed information about your wireless setup, please follow the "Wireless Script" link in my signature, download and run the script as per instructions there, and post back the report it generates.

While posting the outputs, please use 'Code' tags. It preserves the output's formatting and makes the post cleaner, compact and more readable. To see a quick 'HowTo' with screenshots, please follow the "Use Code Tags" link in my signature.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags
    Am I not replying your post? This is why.