Thread: VirtualBox and full screen mode

Beans

VirtualBox and full screen mode

I just downloaded Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit Desktop and donated money to the project (something I hope everyone does).

I want to try it out in a VurtualBox session running on Ubuntu 13.10. Everything installs fine but when I switch to full screen mode (Right-CNTL-F) the main window is expanded but the session running inside is still truncated.

This is fairly well documented here. It seems that one must install the Guest Additions which is fairly well documented here.

When I did this I saw a message telling me that the kernel headers were not found and that if the install didn't work that may be the reason. There were no errors but after the install full screen mode still was not working properly.

So I tried to install the headers which is documented here.

I saw a message telling me that the headers were already the newest headers. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Help anyone?

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: VirtualBox and full screen mode

Have you installed dkms and build-essential on the host?

Code:
    sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello!

Install build-essential and dkms on the guest, since that is where the Guest Additions are installed. But I don't recall that they are required.

You probably need to install linux-headers-generic.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic
    and then try to install the Guest Additions again.
    Last edited by QIII; April 18th, 2014 at 05:36 AM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Smile Re: VirtualBox and full screen mode

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Have you installed dkms and build-essential on the host?

Code:
    sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential
    Thank you!

I did install dkms but not the build-essential package.

I had to start with a fresh install of virtualbox on a fresh install of Ubuntu but it now works!

Thank you!

Beans

Red face Re: VirtualBox and full screen mode

Thank you for your reply. I got the same headers already the newest message. But the issue is resolved . I hadn't installed the build-essential package. BTW I don't know how to mark this thread as resolved.

Beans

down vote If you have problem of Full screen Just Install Virtualbox 4.3.8 It would be work
    After hard-work of 3 days i uninstall Old or new virsion of virtualbox and installed 4.3.8
    After installation, don't do anything just Click on Devices and then cleck on install Guest Additions..and after some process then reboot and finally You will get what you want really....
    Don't forget to Reboot after process
    Thnks