Thread: Virt-install Windows 2003 server Host Ubuntu 12.04 server

Beans

Virt-install Windows 2003 server Host Ubuntu 12.04 server

Hey guys i am stuck with a problem here and i hope i found the right place for it. I am trying to install windows 2003 server with virt-install on a Ubuntu 12.04 server. So far i got the VM running (install started look at pic) but thats only a screenshot from my virsh command. I cant connect to it. I am using my ubuntu server over putty.
    virt-install --connect qemu:///system --hvm -n win2k3 -r 1024 -f /lib/libvirt/images/windows.qcow2 -s 30 -c /home/user/cd1.iso --vnc --noautoconsole --os-type windows --os-variant win2k3 --network=bridge:br0
    thats the command i use to create the VM and it does run but i cant connect to it because i dont know the IP. it does create a vnet2 on my ubuntu so if i type ifconfig i can see the mac adresse but no ip

vnet2 Link encap:Ethernet Hardware Adresse xxxxxxxxxx
    inet6-Adresse: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Gültigkeitsbereich:Verbindung
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metrik:1
    RX-Pakete:0 Fehler:0 Verloren:0 Überläufe:0 Fenster:0
    TX-Pakete:43268 Fehler:0 Verloren:0 Überläufe:0 Träger:0
    Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:500
    RX-Bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX-Bytes:14551751 (14.5 MB)
    ( i am sorry but i have a german version)

i tryied to connect with vcn-viewer but the problem is i dont know what ip to type. i cant connect over virsh connect/console because there is no console to connect. so what do i do?
    screenshot is attached so you can see that the installalation started.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Virt-install Windows 2003 server Host Ubuntu 12.04 server

anyone? i just dont know what to do anymore. i need this windows server! and it must run on the ubuntu server :/

Beans

With VirtualBox running on my Linux machine and knowing what the MAC address is, I get the ip address with: arp -a as you can see below, first line is VBox 2nd line the host.

arp -a
    ? (192.168.0.5) at 08:00:27:c7:d0:82 [ether] on eth0
    ? (192.168.0.1) at 10:5f:06:23:8a:c0 [ether] on eth0

Beans

if i type that i only see my maschien + the server. and its br0 not eth0 here. tried that befor too. seems like not many people did that with a server i just hope someone with some help will answer

Beans

I didnt want to do that but i had to it seems like. i created a Ubuntu Desktop VM und connectet to the vm with
    virt-viewer -c qemu+ssh://ip/system Vm . I want to create and do all the work over the Server but it seems like that doesnt work. i am now on my way to install the windows.Thanks anyway