Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

Well guys I've decided too make the switch on my desktop instead of dual booting W7 and Ubuntu I've gone total Ubuntu 14.04 I have been googling too much on security for windows and decided to say the hell of it and go linux on my desktop because I have a laptop running windows 7 so problem solved but thanks guys for all you answers for security sorry I might of been a pain in the ass

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

Good for you! I have been a user of Buntu distros (Ubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu) exclusively for a year now and despite some minor issues it works great. I've pulled the plug on Windows which I no longer have any need for. I spend 95% of my computing time in a web browser anyway, and the remaining 5% on open-source apps such as VLC, Banshee, mtpaint ect. No more viruses and infected computers, no more bloat. Linux all the way.
    Last edited by Tar_Ni; September 23rd, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

Ya I put Ubuntu 14.04 on my wife's Toshiba laptop with an intel core duo with 3 gig of ram and its been been flawless never slows down no viruses or malware and crap love it. I like it because with windows your trying to find a burner from torrent and doesn't work, with Ubuntu or any distro goto the software center or package manager and there it is welcome to the open source world