Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Beans
    61

    Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

    Well guys I've decided too make the switch on my desktop instead of dual booting W7 and Ubuntu I've gone total Ubuntu 14.04 I have been googling too much on security for windows and decided to say the hell of it and go linux on my desktop because I have a laptop running windows 7 so problem solved but thanks guys for all you answers for security sorry I might of been a pain in the ass

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    46

    Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

    Good for you! I have been a user of Buntu distros (Ubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu) exclusively for a year now and despite some minor issues it works great. I've pulled the plug on Windows which I no longer have any need for. I spend 95% of my computing time in a web browser anyway, and the remaining 5% on open-source apps such as VLC, Banshee, mtpaint ect. No more viruses and infected computers, no more bloat. Linux all the way.
    Last edited by Tar_Ni; 1 Week Ago at 07:57 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Beans
    61

    Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Switch

    Ya I put Ubuntu 14.04 on my wife's Toshiba laptop with an intel core duo with 3 gig of ram and its been been flawless never slows down no viruses or malware and crap love it. I like it because with windows your trying to find a burner from torrent and doesn't work, with Ubuntu or any distro goto the software center or package manager and there it is welcome to the open source world

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •