Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For those downloading Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Beans

Re: For those downloading Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I'll be using the torrent downloads, and leaving it seeding all weekend (except while installing of course)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu 14.04?

Quote Originally Posted by DaLazySapien View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm a bit confused on how the latest version is going to be released.

The release date is 4-17-14 in the GMT time zone (I think its GMT anyway) so that would mean its already released where I live. However, I don't see it available for download.

Basically, am I missing something?
    Yes, you are missing something. Ubuntu 14.04 comes out today. Every day for the last six months, Canonical has published a "daily image" of the latest state of Ubuntu 14.04 during its development. Every day, including today.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Technically, it's possible that one or two packages will change in the twelve hours or so between the daily live image and the official release version. If that happens, those packages will appear in Update Manager as ordinary updates, and then you'll be running the official release version of Ubuntu 14.04.

People get hung up on an actual release date and release time; I understand it's exciting to see 14.04 actually "finished", but isn't it more exciting to realise you can download it early?
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

The way it usually goes: Release date is Thursday, nothing becomes official until very late in the day on Thursday. You're better off just not thinking about it today and coming back tomorrow. Just add one day to the release date, and that's when you should start looking for it.

Works for me anyway. YMMV.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Yes, but tomorrow this becomes 14.10.

And for a few days or weeks it may not really be different than 14.04, but will continue changing on a daily basis.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Just a wild guess, but could they maybe working to get it spread across enough locations so a torrent would be practical? That could potentially head off, or at least help to minimize their servers getting bombed.

Beans

Where is it?

Has the final 14.04 lts download become available? Cannot seem to find it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by rosswmcgee View Post
    Has the final 14.04 lts download become available? Cannot seem to find it.
    Short answer: No.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Where is it?

Not released yet could be any time in the next 2 hours or so.

Why the rush? If you want it that much you can download last nights daily build.

Then run update manager after its been released officially

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: For those downloading Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Threads merged.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Here's what I've learned with the releases for Ubuntu. They generally start appearing around 11AM-12PM MST. I've seen one release wait until 2PM to appear.

Current Time: 8:44AM MST
    Time to Release (guestimate): 11:30AM MST
    Wait Time: 2 hours 46 minutes
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast