Thread: For those downloading Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Beans

For those downloading Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

What time will 14.04 be released?

Beans

Re: Release time

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan71381 View Post
    What time will 14.04 be released?
    You will see the links on the site when it's released. There is really no set time I found from releases or the years.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

For those downloading Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

For those that are planning to download Ubuntu 14.04 tomorrow, please consider using torrents (if you can) to download instead of downloading directly from the site.

This will allow for those that do not have torrent capabilities (or if their ISP blocks torrents) to have faster downloads. In addition, those who download using torrents will automatically have verified ISO files that are free from download corruption.

Thanks!
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Re: Release time

waiting for it so anxiously.

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm a bit confused on how the latest version is going to be released.

The release date is 4-17-14 in the GMT time zone (I think its GMT anyway) so that would mean its already released where I live. However, I don't see it available for download.

Basically, am I missing something?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04?

Yeah.. waiting myself - it's after 6pm here in New Zealand. Guessing it might be released at the start of the working day in London, where Canonical is (if I recall correctly).

Beans

I'm even more confused when I see countdowns to 14.04 online that say its already here! I'm a bit too impatient for my own good it seems

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I can see that's a problem for someone living in New Zealand. Here in Brussels it's the start of the day but actually I'll wait untill later because of the inpatient people all trying to get a copy at the same time. And the way I see it, in a VM coming from beta (cat /etc/issue)
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    I gues there are a lot of people already running 14.04...

Beans
    Hidden!

As of writing this 14.04 has not been released yet. There will be an anouncment here - http://www.ubuntu.com/ and via mailing lists etc. once it lands.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The truth is, it gets released when they are ready to release it. More often than not, around 10pm-12am NZT. Basically morning US Eastern.

Hope that helps.
    Windows free since '09 - never looked back!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast