Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when i go to update manager and i try to update software update it wont work help!!!!

Beans

Re: when i go to update manager and i try to update software update it wont work help

I have a feeling that you need to increase the size of the area you are working in but with not ever using a wubi install

all I can do is point you to links to go read ........ this may be the thing you need to do here .........

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ResizeWubiDisk

But read through it carefully .........

As I said previously .... needs someone who uses wubi to give you some sound advice ...... but from what I see
    that install has run out of space because it needed to be much larger to start with ....... the above link
    seems to give information on increasing it .......

But it says to make a backup if you do try this way ........

The software centre will probably only start working again if you can free some space up ........ but how much you need
    is not clear ......

Try these commands first

( maybe they will get you enough to get the software centre working -

but dont download anything else till you make plenty of room - possibly with the link I gave above - but check it out with others that use wubi

( I am surprised it did not warn you at 1 gig ...... the system used to say you are running low on disk space )

sudo apt-get autoremove

sudo apt-get autoclean
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; April 17th, 2014 at 03:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12