Thread: Grub and UEFI

Beans

Grub and UEFI

Hi, I've got an odd question and this maybe a weird quesion but, does anyone think in the future that there will be be a newer release or workaround win8 and ubuntu side by side installs without fighting with Secureboot and Fastboot? I've got a newer HP pavilion and all my hardware is compatible for any Linux distro I've foudn, however I keep running into a problem where I have fastboot disabled, but no matter how much i try to disable secureboot.... On restart my msinfo displays that secureboot is still enabled. I've been through Ubuntu forums as well as Mint forums to no avail.. I've also called HP and the tech I spoke to, keeps telling me to call Microsoft who has no information on the current HP UEFI settings... So I'm getting nowhere.. Not to mention I'm having issues with my AMD Radeon R5 not displaying as primary visual device. In the documentation, it states that I've got to change the port security options to fix this issue... if I shut off the PCI-e security, I get no display whatsoever, Just system beeps that according to HP is due to UEFI not trusting my graphics card and authenticating it. I was told to speak to AMD reguarding this but can never reach them... Any suggestions? I'll post system specs below 8.15

HP Pavilion 500-023w
    OS windows 8.1
    Ram 8gb
    System type 64 bit
    bios 8.15
    cpu intel core i3-3240 @3.40ghz
    primary graphics intelHD
    Secondary AMD Radeon 6450
    HDD 1TB

Would love to atleast know how to get secure boot shut off and stay that way, or allow me to customize... Allowing me to install multi-boot OS.... Any Help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanx
    OdanyaelO
    Last edited by odanyaelo; April 16th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Grub and UEFI

Not a Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat thread.

Thread moved to General Help.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.