Thread: UbuntuOne?

Beans

UbuntuOne?

Hi,

Just tried to find out what UbuntuOne is...is it part of the forums? Where can I get informations?
    Thanks a lot!

Re: UbuntuOne?

Here is the wikipedia article on it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_One

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The log in feature is still used (including to log into this forum website) but the cloud part of it is no longer used...

Beans

App

Canonical Release New ‘Ubuntu One Downloader’ App

By Joey-Elijah Sneddon12 mins ago Comment
    A new app has released by Canonical to help Ubuntu One users export their files to their desktop ahead of the service shutdown in July.
    My Grandfather said that most people who lack a sense of humour don't lack humour, they lack sense.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks SurfaceUnits for the reminder, just downloaded my files with the u1-downloader.
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg
    formerly 'known' as Euroman

squakie is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

For others following this thread, I posted earlier today in my thread something others need to be aware of:

If you are running a 32-bit version of one of the 'bunto's, the default u1_downloader downloaded is 64-bit and will give an error about not a valid exec. There is a 32-bit version which you can download here.