Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye Ubuntu - it has been . . . frustrating.

Beans

Re: Goodbye Ubuntu - it has been . . . frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    It's always sad when people judge the entire Buntu family from their experience with Ubuntu. If one wants stability above all then staying on the Xubuntu LTS track is a better idea.
    Or more to the point, the entire Linux or entire Free OS universe, based on experiences with Ubuntu.

You can use whatever makes you happy, but know that there are other options if you want to stick with Linux. The two features you cited (invert colors and zoom) are built in to KDE, so any KDE distro (Kubuntu, Suse, SolydXK, MEPIS, etc) would give you this out of the box with no tinkering.

Not everything has a simple solution, but neither is vanilla Ubuntu all things to all users. We have choices, and that means other distros or configurations may suit you better. I think it's worth investigating, but to each his own.

Beans

Re: Goodbye Ubuntu - it has been . . . frustrating.

Do whatever gives you the most ROI on your investment of time and sweat. For me it's the Ubuntu family (though not official Ubuntu itself). For you it's something else. No one uses their last breath to sigh, "I should have spent more time messing with my computer."

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12