Thread: Lightweight cli torrent client

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightweight cli torrent client

As release date is coming up, I want to use a few servers that I have to help seed the ISOs. These particular servers are used for other purposes normally, so I want to be able to cleanly remove the torrent client after seeding ISOs.

I normally use rutorrent on my personal server to seed Ubuntu, but there are too many dependencies

Any reccomendations?
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Re: Lightweight cli torrent client

If rtorrent is not good for you, I suggest to use aria2. It's my favorite download manager type in command line and can also do torrent with seed feature.

Or may be you could use the old ctorrent too.
    At least, transmission-cli should not be too big neither and easy to use.

Hope it helps
    Freedif.org, news & tutorials on self-hosting services.
    Idipops, the social network for the services

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

btpd

btpd is very lightweight and with few dependencies. It is in the repositories. It takes a little reading to set up, but then once set up needs no changes.

Beans

I like ctorrent for a simple command-line client. It's pretty simple to set up. You can install ctorrent from the repositories ("sudo apt-get install ctorrent").
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I like ctorrent for a simple command-line client. It's pretty simple to set up. You can install ctorrent from the repositories ("sudo apt-get install ctorrent").
    exactly what I was looking for - no additional deps installed and an easy-to-use command line.

Thanks.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.