Hello everybody,

I have a little issue on my Asus running Ubuntu 12.04LTS (x64), on classical gnome desktop interface: I tried to plug it to a standard data projector, actually it can receive the signal (ie: desktop background is shown on the projector board, and so are the 'instant' notifications: such as "torrent complete", dropbox file synchronisation notifications), but no programs window appears on projector, while it is actually displayed on my screen. So, whatever I do (internet, text editing, power point) is only visible from my screen and there's nothing I can see on the projector board apart from the desktop background image, not even the terminal or the panels. I already tried to plug my machine to other projectors (at university) but the issue remains the same. I can remember that I plug my machine to one of these data projectors like some months ago (running the same system) and it did work at perfection. I should have played with some settings or important files and corrupted something... so if you can help me that would be awesome!

If you have any ideas, please let me know
Thank you for your time.