Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu One Alternative, now that it's being shut down?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu One Alternative, now that it's being shut down?

All I want is a cloud client to be able to sync folders outside the default one or at least rename the folder, that's the key feature I used u1. I could sync complex files keeping the internal directory structure Any ideas of some client to do this? Please.

Note:
    mean, Blender files. My username is the same in all my machines so the paths were exactly the same and now that I have to change the location of my folder all my file's texture links are broken, HDRIs and such.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Moved a bunch of referral posts out of here to this one : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217206
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests by PM, thanks |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by oscar-brito-ir View Post
    All I want is a cloud client to be able to sync folders outside the default one or at least rename the folder, that's the key feature I used u1. I could sync complex files keeping the internal directory structure Any ideas of some client to do this? Please.

Note:
    mean, Blender files. My username is the same in all my machines so the paths were exactly the same and now that I have to change the location of my folder all my file's texture links are broken, HDRIs and such.

Yes, Copy does this. It creates ~/Copy and then you just create symlinks to whatever you want in your Home and drag the links into the Copy folder. Your internal directory structure remains unchanged.

Works very well for me. Just right click the file or folder and select "Make Link" the resulting icon is then dragged into your Copy folder and it just works. They give you 15 GB free and you can get a free extra 5 GB by signing up with this link: Edit : removed referral link, website is http://copy.com

Best price by far and it is cross platform for windows, mac, linux, android, etc.
    Last edited by bapoumba; April 16th, 2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: removed ref link
    Using Ubuntu since Warty Warthog (4.10)
    32 bit Ubuntu upgraded from 5.04>5.10>6.06>6.10>7.04>7.10>8.04>8.10>9.04>9.10
    Started over 64 bit 9.10 upgraded to 10.04>10.10>11.04>11.10>12.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@ mgmiller and everyone else : please move your referral links to this thread : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217206
    Thanks.
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I have installed Copy on 13.10 - works fine so far with one exception. The Indicator icon doesn't function - none of the menu items appear, only
    greyed out email address. There is a discussion about this problem on the Copy forum.

https://copy.zendesk.com/entries/280...ndicator-icon-

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'll have a look tonight on 14.04. Just registered today (have to say that the dmg works OK on Mac OSX Mavericks).
    J'aime les fraises.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Thanks, it also works on my Mac. It seems to be the indicator that isn't
    playing well with Unity.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'm on lubuntu 14.04, we'll see but it appears from the thread you linked to that the issue has not been fixed for 14.04. They are talking about a ppa, I may have overlooked the discussion, I cannot find which one it is.
    J'aime les fraises.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well, fortunately I've taken a screenshot during the setup process on lubuntu 14.04. Was working quite well. Rebooted, and now the only way to start it up is to run ./CopyAgent from the /opt/copy folder where I installed it per http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post12989518
    The icon then shows up and sync works (checked with files added to the Copy folder in my /home that appear in the web interface).

I have to find now a way to autostart. Been testing a few simlinks and reboots, but I have not found it yet. I'm done on this for tonight, will look again tomorrow.

Edit, I could not resist, things like that bug me until I find a workaround
    Added this line to /home/<my_user>/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart
    Code:
    /opt/copy/CopyAgent
    Sync and tray icon start up after a logout/log back in, and of course, a reboot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bapoumba; April 16th, 2014 at 10:27 PM.
    J'aime les fraises.

Beans

installed Copy on my Ubuntu 13.10. Others have already mention problems with the tray icons. In addition I found that syncing pictures from both my Galaxy S3 (android) and Jolla (sailfish/android)phones was troublesome. Then tried dropbox, and that one worked very well. Easy peasy to get 50GB of free space. Rune

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast