Thread: SSO not logging me into existing account.

Beans

Angry SSO not logging me into existing account.

Like most people, I assume, who haven't been on the forums for a while, tried to go ahead and log in using my Ubuntu One account. This was fine and worked on the first try. However, after having logged in I noticed that I'm using an entirely new account, and not the one that's been a member here for the past eight years. After reading some of the posts concerning the new login system, I realized the disconnect was apparently centered on what email address I used when I signed up to this forum eight years ago and the one I had set as my preferred email on my Ubuntu One account. Frankly, I have no idea what email I used to sign up on Ubuntu Forums. I can guess, but it's apparently not either of the two I now have assigned on my Ubuntu One account.

Could use some help getting access back to my original account. It's located here: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=118784

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: SSO not logging me into existing account.

Would it help to know that the domain part of the email was fastz ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

It's pretty much like your username here. If that rings a bell PM me with the whole address and we can go from there.

Beans

Thanks guys. I figured it was an email that no longer exists anymore. That old FastZ.net email address was one I used years ago when I was hosting my own website. :\

What are my options as it stands? Should I go ahead and use that old non-existent email address on my Ubuntu One account and report back once that's saved as my preferred or what?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

That won't work - you need to respond. I'll sort you out now - don't logout - I'll be a minute or so.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

ok - try logging out and then in again please

hopefully you'll be in the old account - at which point you can't post here, please PM to confirm