Thread: Chromium auto fill in fields problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Chromium auto fill in fields problem

Using Chromium, when logging into Gmail, I accidentally typed my password into the user name field. Now, when I'm logging into Gmail my password is offered as an option when I fill in the user name field. Obviously bad, if someone gets hold of my laptop or shoulder-surfs me. I can't figure out how to fix this. Can anyone help?
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Chromium auto fill in fields problem

Settings > Advanced Settings > Passwords and forms > Manage saved passwords.

For info, I never ever save passwords on any machine, even mine. I use KeepassX.
    Edit : on any browser on any machine I use (desktops, laptops, phone or tablet).
    https://www.keepassx.org/
    Last edited by bapoumba; April 5th, 2014 at 12:53 PM.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ah, I haven't expressed myself clearly. I haven't actually got the password saved. It's when I go to log into Gmail and you have to type in your username. Chromium remembers my username, so when I go to type it in (for example myusername), I type in the first letter and a drop down menu offers me the option of clicking on it. That's ok. But what I did one day, I typed in my username and then my password (eg mypassword) and hit return... then realised I hadn't hit return after the username. So now, when I type in the first letter of my username the dropdown menu offers me the option of "myusernamemypassword". It wouldn't be too hard for someone to figure out what that means. If I can't figure out how to cure this easily, without having to delete all my browsing data or whatever, I will change my password. I probably should change it anyway, I'm a bit lazy about changing them. But I like my gmail password, it's easy for me to remember and no one else could possibly guess it (unless they're me).
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Sorry

So yes, clear browsing data. May be you could first have a look at the accounts.google or the other google cookies.
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks. I decided to just change my password. Seemed the easiest way to do it. A bit put out because I liked my old password. But I'd had it for 6 months, which is very lazy!

For the record: I save some passwords in my browser - I also use a password vault add-on in Chromium. But my really important passwords (email, paypal, banking stuff etc) I store in my head. That's why I was reluctant to change my email password, it was easy to read as well as being nonsensical to others. But changing it was the best thing to do, we should all change passwords periodically. I just hope I don't forget the thing!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Sentimental eh
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]