Thread: Nautilus icon dragging bug.

Beans

Nautilus icon dragging bug.

bug.jpgbug2.jpg

Hello
    I am using gnome classic with nautilus. However, i have recently experienced a weird bug. When i try to move an icon a shadow "is pulled" behind it as shown on the picture.
    It disappears after righ-click.
    Is it possible to fix it?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Nautilus icon dragging bug.

Hi filip7

Is this Ubuntu Gnome Classic (gnome-shell) or 12.04 Classic (fallback)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I got that effect a couple of months ago on Ubuntu Gnome trusty tahr (14.04) when I install gnome-session-flashback on to it. I got two extra login options. Gnome Flashback (Compiz) and gnome flashback (Metacity).

With Gnome Flashback (Compiz) I didn't get a desktop at all. With Gnome Flashback (Metacity) I got the desktop but I also got that dragged around effect that is in that image.

I concluded that gnome-session-flashback was not meant to be installed on Ubuntu Gnome. I fould that gnome-session-flashback worked as it should on Ubuntu+Unity.

I would suggest that if we are running Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 we install Gnome Classic. It is a Gnome 3 Shell extension that gives a similar menu look as to the 12.04 Fallback look.

I have no idea if any of this is applicable. Are you actually using Ubuntu or a flavour of it? I see the words Debian Linux .

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

I am using Gnome classic (gnome shell)

Beans

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I have no idea if any of this is applicable. Are you actually using Ubuntu or a flavour of it? I see the words Debian.
    Quote Originally Posted by filip7 View Post
    @filip7, please answer grahammechanical's question. Are you using Ubuntu or Debian?

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

I am using Debian

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Thank you. The underlying OS is relevant to the advice you might get - there are significant differences. The section you posted in is for Ubuntu and the official flavours. I've added the Debian prefix to your thread title in order to attract those with experience of Debian who may be able to help you.

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Support.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Thanks