Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gthumb configuration.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: gthumb configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I can't find any menu on my gthumb by mousing to top left. Here's my gthumb window from trusty Xubuntu. Where does the mouse go to find a menu like the one you show; I have put it everywhere and nothing appears when clicked.
    Dang was on smart phone. Did not see xubuntu. I'm using unity. But that preferences menu should be somewhere. It's the same app.

Beans

Unfortunately Gnome seems to never enable an accel for a gnome app's preferences menu. When the app uses an accels file it can be user added (ex. nautilus), but gthumb doesn't.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

It does seem strange, and very disappointing, that the gthumb version that was chosen for the whole *ubuntu family of 14.04 systems is one that will not display properly on the DEs that are most popular and one of which must probably be used in 90% of the *ubuntu systems installed, ie unity, xfce, lxde, kde? (not sure about kde, as I've not tried it).

I've not used gnome-shell and have no intention of doing so at the moment, but I imagine there are fewer users of that in *ubuntu than any of the other DEs.

Thank goodness for version 3.2.6!

Beans

Thumbs up Re: gthumb configuration.

gthumb 3.2.7 is now the default version in trusty. The package maintainer, Jackson Doak, was kind enough to revert to the 3.2 series.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Oh WOW!

Thank-you so much to Jackson Doak for that.

I think gthumb is one of the best photo organisers available; it avoids all the annoying bloat of applications like shotwell or f-spot, etc etc, which I never bother to use as I much prefer simplicity and to import my photos into my own personally organised folders, not allow some grand arrangement of them all by an application that may tag them so they have tags unreadable by all other applications.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12