Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xubuntu won't let me change wallpaper

Beans

Xubuntu won't let me change wallpaper

Hi guys: after i installed updates for Xubuntu 14.04 it wont let me change wallpaper!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Xubuntu Desktop!

Moved to Ubuntu+1
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Okay then. We're relying on mirror dust and fairies but now we have a plan which is progress - Emma

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Hi guys: after i installed updates for Xubuntu 14.04 it wont let me change wallpaper!
    Here a screen shot of the desktop, i don't like the Mouse in the meddle, i liked better the desktop that came with beta1,
    i try to get at least a solid color but have no option, i hate the Mouse in the center.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

How is it not letting you change the wallpaper? Did you change the "Folder" to a folder that has images in it?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You could also click on the Color spinbox and it will give you a choice of vertical or horizontal gradient. Choose the colors by clicking on the color blocks shown. No mouse in any of those!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by egeezer View Post
    You could also click on the Color spinbox and it will give you a choice of vertical or horizontal gradient. Choose the colors by clicking on the color blocks shown. No mouse in any of those!
    If you mean the solid color where you add color to it i did try that but no avail,i'm not new to this, it must be some type of bug or something, this has never happend to me in any distros. Also i made a new ISO of Ubuntu14.04 Beta2 and is samething.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

the xfcewallpaper is a known issue https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1297170

if you're trying to change wallpaper on the livesession - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...4/+bug/1282227
    Last edited by Elfy; April 2nd, 2014 at 08:02 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    the xfcewallpaper is a known issue https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1297170

if you're trying to change wallpaper on the livesession - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...4/+bug/1282227
    Thanks Elfy; can you please give me specific code or instructions on how to change the OEM wallpaper, i like the color if i can get rid of the mouse icon in the meddle,, i checked the links and i see many bugs of it but i can't make nothing of it, thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You can easily change your desktop backdrop by navigating to Main Menu -> Settings Manager -> Desktop, or alternatively, right clicking your desktop and selecting the Desktop Settings... option.
    Once the Desktop settings dialog is open, the Background tab gives you the options for configuring the look of your desktop background. You can choose to use a single image or multiple images as wallpaper or you can use a color scheme.

To change the image just click the Folder: button and navigate to /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/ where you'll find a collection of images shipped with Trusty.
    Last edited by slickymaster; April 2nd, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@frank18

Please bare in mind that you'll have to be running xfdesktop4 - 4.11.4-1ubuntu2.

You can see what version you're currently running opening a terminal window and issuing the following command:
    Code:
    apt-cache policy xfdesktop4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast