Thread: Wake-up screensaver using mouse?

Beans

Wake-up screensaver using mouse?

I find that using either the standard GNOME DE (gnome-shell) or the new GNOME Classic sessions that even when the screen-lock is set to off the user must press Esc to exit the screensaver.

Is there a setting to change this behavior so just mouse movement wakes the screen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Wake-up screensaver using mouse?

Hi,
    using today's live, gnome-classic, touching touchpad turns on screen, two-finger scroll upwards unlocks the screen (like a smart phone ...). Possibly this works rolling mouse wheel (if any).
    Last edited by GeorgeVita; April 1st, 2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: scroll upwards

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeVita View Post
    Hi,
    using today's live, gnome-classic, touching touchpad turns on screen, two-finger scroll upwards unlocks the screen (like a smart phone ...). Possibly this works rolling mouse wheel (if any).
    Nope, the only thing that exits the screensaver is pressing Esc.

Beans

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

(bumping by asking more info)

Hi kansasnoob!

I am using an updated live UbuntuGnome 14.04 and I cannot find the actual "screensaver" and its settings ...

The closest setting is: Menu Applications > System Settings > Brightness and Lock > "Turn screen off when inactive for:"
    Choosing "1 minute" I tested that "wake-up" from "screen off" can be done as I mentioned to my previous post (scrolling upwards via touchpad) and also pressing any key (not only ESC), rolling upwards the wheel of a mouse or dragging the whole screen (left click and move) upwards.

I also installed via terminal gnome-screensaver but unfortunately no "settings page" found!
    Finally, searching the net, I read about bug#994612

Am I missing something or you mean something else? Are you using an installed UbuntuGnome which has more options than the live version (from daily .iso) or you are talking about a different screensaver?