Thread: White/Blank Screen with Kazam

Beans

Red face White/Blank Screen with Kazam

hi everyone i don't know, what i am doing wrong ? I try to record my screen on Ubuntu 13.04 with Kazam but when i done with recording and then i play my video , output video i got is completely white/blank (i can see my mouse pointer is moving in output video). So i have to do something with settings of kazam or anything else ?

Beans

Re: White/Blank Screen with Kazam

Same problem! Help!

Beans

Try

vokoscreen - does the same thing happen ( this works well with compiz running )

or

recordmydesktop ( this does not work well with compiz )

To install ...... open a terrninal and do .......

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install vokoscreen

sudo apt-get install recordemydesktop

Beans

What is your video format? What are your graphic card and video player? For some reasons if you record in mp4 all mplayer/mplayer2 based player like smplayer and gnome-mplayer behave badly if hardware acceleration is turned on and you have to either disable hardware acceleration for these players or use something like totem or vlc to watch the video. Alternatively you can record in webM though that seem to be more cpu intensive.

I tried kazam on 3 machines with intel, nvidia and adm cards (kind of cover all ground) and kazam works beautifully with unity (the amd machine has weak cpu so need to reduce frame rate) It doesn't work so well with gnome-shell, but it could be due to Fedora or my compile (on Fedora Kazam needs to be compiled from source and the process is not so straight forward due to missing libraries etc)
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; April 11th, 2014 at 01:04 AM.