Hello everyone,

I have a system76 panp9 (clevo model W25AEU) that the power button has finally gone out. It was always a bit wonky; I had to press it just right moving from left to right angled very slightly up (i.e., from the left corner closest to keyboard to the right corner farthest away). Recently, it started to attempt turning on only to shutoff ~2 seconds later. It then takes about 5 to 10 seconds between attempts. Every now and and then I get it to work and there are no errors with the HD, RAM or anything like that.

From what I can tell it is the daughter circuit board itself, or the power button on that board, that is causing issues. Does anyone know anything about how these puch-button power switches work? I press my power button down and release it I receive a clicking noise. Anyone have or know where I can read up on how this type of hardware works? Just the simple things like power buttons, etc.

Additionally, does anyone know where I can buy hardware and circuit boards for computers? Is it safe to use a different power switch circuit board form the one I have so long as the cables are correct?

I would greatly appreciate any comments/help. This computer has quite a bit of my PhD work on it. Nothing vital and not backed up, but it does have some files that without them I would have to spend some time redoing the analyses.

Thanks everyone,

AlphaA