Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 Release Date

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04 Release Date

Has there been an exact date announced as to when Ubuntu 14.04 will be available for download?

Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Release Date

April 17
    David D.
    Ubuntu 20.04 on HP Envy 17 with SSD

Beans

Using it right now
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule
    kernel freeze is the 3ed
    release candidate on the 10th
    final on the 17th
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

I couldn't wait and so im running the Final Beta of 14.04. Honestly everything works fine so it may as well be the final release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jbaerboc View Post
    I couldn't wait and so im running the Final Beta of 14.04. Honestly everything works fine so it may as well be the final release.
    And if you run your normal system updates after April 17 you'll have the final release. There's really no excuse for ordinary users with a couple of years of experience to jump in early.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    And if you run your normal system updates after April 17 you'll have the final release. There's really no excuse for ordinary users with a couple of years of experience to jump in early.
    Exactly why I jumped in early. Wondering what you mean by "there's no excuse for ordinary users to jump in early"? Do you mean there's no reason for them to, they shouldn't because there's no need, or there's no excuse for them not to jump in early?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Normally I will wait until at the end of April to download because of the internet traffic congestion. I can wait.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I generally use University mirrors for speed and to reduce Canonical's bandwidth costs. Yes it seems to me that 14.04 is quite stable these days and it 'feels' faster than 12.04.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I consider myself to be experienced, but as a rule I would never implement an OS that is in Beta on a production machine. I can't afford downtime or inconsistent behavior that could affect my work.

On the other hand if it were not linked to my work I might be inclined to jump in early due to impatience.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast