Thread: Fanart for movies but not recordings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Fanart for movies but not recordings

Happy Saturday to all.

I have been running Mythbuntu 12.04 with 0.27.0+fixes for a while, and have noticed that the backend downloads fanart for the movies but not recordings (the art that shows up behind the text in the recordings menu).

I have a storage group set up for the fanart, and I see fanart in the movie menu. I have checked the storage folder, and no recording fan art is in the folder. I have checked the tack for "allow metadata lookup jobs".

I can't find any obvious errors in mythbakend.log or mythmetadatalookup.log... Any one know a fix? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Fanart for movies but not recordings

You need series & episode numbers (not blank entry) in the metadata for the tv show recordings.
    Movies are value zero (I believe) or blank.

Only some listings sources provide the complete data..
    I don't get series & episode data in the correct fields (or at all) so have to manually edit these values..
    This allow causes the inetref to be missing or wrong.
    I have taken to running the grabber script in terminal & manually searching for the inetref.

Changing the post recording metadata is not so straightforward.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the quick reply blm!
    Funny thing is that for shows that has full metadata available, my system does not download the fan art.
    For example, tomorrow I will be recording this Adventure Time episode, and my system is linking to this site and inserting correct series and episode numbers, but for the episodes of Adventure Time I have recorded, no fan art is downloaded. I am stumped.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

metadatalookup seems to fail when there are multiple results

Try
    Code:
    /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -i -d -l en -D "Adventure Time"
    Code:
    /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -i -d -l en -B 152833

Beans
    Distro

Thanks again!
    I bet that was the problem, multiple results, and some shows without season and episode numbers.
    So, I went through my list of recordings, and for each show I picked an episode and pressed "e" and then to the metadata option. From there I could search the available online art for shows that had a database entry. For shows that did not include an season/episode numbers i temporarily put in season 1, episode 1 so that the script would search the database. Now I have cover and fan art for most of the shows and my Mythbuntu theme looks awesome! Thank you blm for pointing me into the right direction!
    Cheers!