Thread: Trusty beta..Who has it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Trusty beta..Who has it?

So who here has dove in?
    What do you think of it?
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Trusty beta..Who has it?

Not specifically the downloaded beta but I've been running the 14.04 versions of Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu 64 bit all in Virtualbox for about 6 weeks in total, and for the last month they have all been running very well. There have been masses of updates, as you'd expect, but no real show-stopper problems now for a long while, though there were a few earlier, which, for example on my machine stopped the desktop appearing in the GUI.

I think, from what I've seen, that it will be one of, if not the best ubuntu yet. Even unity, which I have disliked in the past as my hardware was not good enough to run it well, now has become very smooth and I could get used to it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Running Kubuntu Trusty as my daily driver. Aside from a few problems I created for myself when I restored my /home (a few configs disagreed with it) it has worked very well.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Running 14.04 Kubuntu 32 bit and 64 bit both seem really smooth and very nice to use ........

The only downside is not being able to get Wings3d to run properly in any of them as of yet - so have switched distros for now
    and am swapping back and forth between Mint 14 and Knoppix 7.0.5 just so I can continue doing some 3d work with wings3d
    background music seems to set up better in Mint but compiz works really well in Knoppix .

Compiz still does not seem to work properly in 14.04 yet .... still some time to go though .... 17 days or more .... think there is
    a plan somewhere ........

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

running xubuntu 14.04 64bit on a spare hdd for testing, i got the 3.14rc8 kernel with nvidia working
    no show stoppers and it is running, noticed some minor bugs like wrong default wallpaper
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

I still don't upgrade the complete system. I'm running Saucy with Trusty's kernel and kicks butt!. I'll certainly make the upgrade once it's released
    My Arch Linux Blog in Spanish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobonbuntu View Post
    No OS is good in itself; it is always the combination of user and OS that makes a good combination, or not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Upgraded to the beta last night and it was effortless and totally seamless. Also running 3.14rc8 kernel. All in all it's great, with no issues and seems snappier than before.

Definitely worth it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

which is the default kernel version in 14.04 beta.....and when is the stable version i.e 3.14 releasing.???
    Nav

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxratty View Post
    So who here has dove in?
    What do you think of it?
    I've been using 14.04 since some time last year. I've only had one nasty issue since then - and that was to do with nvidia.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Navneet_Kumar View Post
    which is the default kernel version in 14.04 beta.....and when is the stable version i.e 3.14 releasing.???
    3.13.0-20 currently

and who said 3.14 would be in 14.04, there is another thread somewhere dealing with that - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2213398
    Last edited by Elfy; March 29th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast