Thread: wacom intuos medium CTH-680 tablet works well 12.04

Beans

wacom intuos medium CTH-680 tablet works well 12.04

One gets some posts about the wacom tablets; I thought to record that with our 12.04 LTS ubuntu; 3.2.0-23-generic that all that was needed to get the wacom tablet working fine was to install the latest input-wacom package

to do that, go here

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

click on Get the Drivers then click on the input-wacom button .....that takes you to the instruction page first of all with a link to download the needed package

I used input-wacom-0.20.0.tar.gz

...........so if one downloads and saves, the commands from the instructions are

cd Downloads
    tar -zxvf input-wacom-0.20.0.tar.gz
    cd input-wacom-0.20.0
    ./configure
    ..........if one reads at the end of the install, there is an instruction: if you have a USB tablet, copy what they tell you.......and add sudo in front and paste into the terminal; now that it has finished the configure process

the structure of the command is sudo cp ./<kernel version>/wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet and the script that runs will give you <kernel version> and `uname -r` already entered for you to copy and paste

after doing that crucial copy and paste, the next and final command is:

sudo depmod -a
    when that is finished, reboot ..........how does one know the tablet is working...............well, when plugged into a usb port, it controls the mouse on your desktop..........thence you can open gimp
    Last edited by pdc; March 28th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: wacom intuos medium CTH-680 tablet works well 12.04

I just recently got a pen & touch and it worked out of the box in 12.04 (x86), and gimp.

Only the wacom gui under system settings isn't capable of configuring the buttons for some reason, so that needs to be scripted.