Thread: Global editing settings?

Beans

Global editing settings?

I'd like to disable smilies automatically in all my posts. I can do it on specific posts from the Advanced editor, but I've searched my account options in vain to see if I can turn if off for all posts. I almost never use smilies and so I never think about how text might translate to one while writing posts. For instance, I have to turn off smilies just to enter "IP:port" since ":p" translates to a smiley.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Global editing settings?

There's no way to turn it off as a default for some users without fiddling with the code.

Have you tried using noparse - where it's appropriate

Beans

Sure, I use noparse especially when I want to display a BB tag in the text like this [code]. I could start every message with noparse I guess, but that would get old in a hurry.

I'm just surprised the vBulletin developers didn't make this an option. I can't be the only person who generally avoids using smilies.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You aren't.

I agree with the noparse getting old if you have to keep doing it - maybe use something like bbcodextra (firefox addon) then add noparse as a custom field.

Sorry it's workrounds rather than an option.