Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 Beta - =O

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu 14.04 Beta - =O

Question? What's smoother than a red hot knife cutting through warm butter?

Answer: Ubuntu 14.04

This thing is stable. I just installed it and here's what's been going really well so far:
    1. Graphics looked like 16-bit color scheme so I installed fglrx =(... =(.... uh.... IT WORKED! =D
    2. Awaited error message popups like Xubuntu 13.10 gives me (about 5 per reboot).... none! =D
    3. Tested a few of my custom apps without updating repo (expecting to fail of course right?).... THEY RUN! =D
    4. Finding the options I wanted to use to tweak the interface.... SIMPLE! =D
    5. Switching out Firefox for Chrome (for personal reasons other than I just love Firefox).
    6. Setting up online accounts like Fb and that... expecting failures constantly with this one... it works!?!?!?!?!?! =D
    7. Sound in Flash - in Xubuntu it skips =(. Ubuntu 14.04 it works flawlessly!!!

This thing is stable so far, rock solid, and it may push me to switch to Ubuntu not Xubuntu or Gnome Ubuntu, but just Ubuntu. We'll see - I'm a flip flopper. I'll probably go to Ubuntu Gnome when it's released knowing me.
    Last edited by philinux; March 28th, 2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: title
    Where's [slooksterpsv] been? - I had Catastrophic partition alignment failure. I lost 90%+ of my data, and just now got it back fixed and working.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Beta 2 - =O

@Bucky - I would have thought Ubuntu linux and other os chat would have been applicable not Ubuntu +1 as it's not a support request. What did I misread here =P?
    Where's [slooksterpsv] been? - I had Catastrophic partition alignment failure. I lost 90%+ of my data, and just now got it back fixed and working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Beta - =O

This is the correct forum for u+1 discussions.

Ubuntu only has 1 beta so I changed the thread title. The flavours are at beta 2.

This lts is awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

All good. Yes, I just updated/dist-upgraded after being inspired by this thread to have a look at my 14.04 install (it's been neglected over the last couple of weeks). It is feeling very stable. I have this kernel: 3.13.0-19-generic.

Beans
    Distro

Same kernel yup =D

Ok, I thought that was weird when OMG Ubuntu reported the betas for all the others except Ubuntu 14.04 - so Ubunttu 14.04 only has 1 beta which is the beta that's normally beta 2?

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-cor...trusty/beta-2/ - referenced to as Beta 2 but there's no Beta 1. Got it

Beans
    Distro

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule

Yep. The release schedule just refers to it as final beta. Even though there's only one.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    No question here that this is a very solid dev on my platform at least. So far the stuff that wasn't cohesive until the final release in earlier versions are working just fine. Vbox and Wine are examples. With regard to rock solid this link gives a pretty good measuring stick, https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-14.03. There will probably be quite a few updates after the LTS because a lot of bugs aren't going to be fixed in the next 20 days.
    Incidentally, my login screen is reporting 14.04 LTS already. My print screen doesn't work until after login else I would post an image.
    rrnbtter
    Life is good! Live it to the Ubuntu-ist!

Beans
    Distro

I noticed that too, it shows Ubuntu LTS - granted this is pretty much how the system will be presented, the final stages are fixing bugs and bug regressions to make the system more stable, and to fix issues that may present themselves during installation. No more new features so the Beta is pretty much it -(minus) bug fixes for the LTS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If One has the Ubuntu Daily Image from a week or so ago do i need to Re-download & install Trusty?? I have been keeping Trusty Updated Via Update Manager. To be up to date with the New Beta?? I Believe i am ok but just making sure??
    The Answer Please if at all Possible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast