Thread: Users & Groups Advanced Settings

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Users & Groups Advanced Settings

Now I can't change any advanced setting as the OK box is below the screen. I tried different resolutions to no effect. Also can't resize box to make the OK visible.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Users & Groups Advanced Settings

Holding down Alt key allows you to drag windows around from any point in the window (instead of just the title bar like usually). That should allow you to move the window higher so you can access the OK button.

However it sounds strange yu'd be running on such a small resolution these days that the dialog in question wouldn't fit on the screen. A screenshot might be a good idea so people can help you fix that...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I am running a standard laptop resolution but that alt trick fixed it. I never knew that before thanks. By the way this happens on many different computers and seems to be a new buf

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

That's strange. I'll have to give it a try when I reboot to Ubuntu side of my laptop.

Anyway, Alt+middle click should work in simalar way but for resizing instead of moving a window (or was it alt+right click? I rarely use that myself and like I said, I'm not running Ubuntu right now so I can't test it but give both a try and see which one works... )