I once found a FF add-on that gets cookies in large numbers to dilute the real connections, but didn't install as I don't know what sort of sites it would use. If they were random, it might accidently tap a site and make me look like quite bad and if it recycles from a long list, it leaves me to check them. Neat idea tho' and it gave me another.

My student never cleans her computer. If I copy her cookies and scan and clean 'em then place them in my machine, would it then be reasonably private? After net use I'd delete the cookies and re-paste the cleaned copy from her computer. Shes got a couple year's worth.

Just like to know that anyone who does monitor and sell my surfing habits wastes as much time as possible only to find nothing worthy. I want them to waste enough time that I'm not profitable and my mass of cookies get trashed rather than gone through as well as bringing only confusion if they are examined.

Sorry if it seems weird to want, but people haven't glass houses for the same reason. People buy curtains.I want some curtains.

Would such dilution help with privacy issues and what other ways might dilution be used?

Not a critical question but curious. Thanks for all replies.