Thread: Can I merge two UbuntuOne accounts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Can I merge two UbuntuOne accounts?

I seem to have made two accounts using two separate emails; however, this account (redfox1160) uses an email that I no longer use (but still have access to). Since I've had this account on the Forums since ~2007, I would like to keep it, but change my email to one that is used on another UbuntuOne account. Is it possible to merge the two accounts, or delete the other account, so that I can use my current email address with this one?
    You think you're doing some damage? Two plus two is... Ten. IN BASE FOUR! I'M FINE!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can I merge two UbuntuOne accounts?

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051, "All users, please note" (about 2/3 of the way down the message):

When you login the first time using Ubuntu One, your forum account is associated with your Ubuntu One account. Once the association has been created between your Ubuntu One account and your forum account, you can set different emails in the two accounts – this will not break the association. The association between the Ubuntu One account and the forum account can only be removed by a forum admin.
    So you should be able to change the email in your forums account without needing to do anything to your Ubuntu One login.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Can I merge two UbuntuOne accounts?

@redfox1160, I found this thread in the Ubuntu One sub-forum, which is for "Discuss(ing) the Ubuntu One service and the Ubuntu One Music Store" rather than Ubuntu One SSO login to the forum.

Since your request seems to be about managing your Ubuntu One SSO login accounts and forum account(s) I have moved this thread to the Resolution Centre so that I or another forum admin can help you sort these accounts out. Please note that we do not administer Ubuntu One, but we can help you get this forum account linked to the correct Ubuntu One account, if that is what you need.

I believe what you are saying is that you have two Ubuntu One accounts and two forum accounts. Once an Ubuntu One account is linked to a forum account, as Irihapeti says, you can change the email in either or both without affecting the link. However, you won't be able to change your email in Ubuntu One to an email currently used in a another Ubuntu One account, or in this forum account to an email currently used in another forum account.

The best thing is for you to confirm whether or not my assumption, that you have two each of Ubuntu One and forum accounts, is correct, and if you have another forum account, let us know what the username is of that. Then we can take it from there.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.