Thread: What happened to Mythbuntu theme?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy What happened to Mythbuntu theme?

Hi all,

I really liked the Mythbuntu theme ... until the last two updates.
    Since the previous update the beautiful background pattern is gone and was replaced with ugly grey color. Additionally the colored dots are gone which told me recording states. I understand that bright white coloured text means active recording now and grey coloured text means inactive recording - but come on, this is hard to distinguish and therefore costs more time and concentration! I wear glasses and sometimes the sun is shining!!

Now I just updated to Mythbuntu theme 28.4 and things got even worse! The font size is as big as line height now which looks really distorted.

For me the previously beautiful and simple theme is completely broken now. I just am trying other ones, but I would love to see Mythbuntu theme fixed!

Is there any better place where I can get in touch with the theme developers for helping them get the theme fixed?

Beans

Re: What happened to Mythbuntu theme?

Yes I have to second this. We just received an update for the Mythbuntu 28.4 skin and it has an oversized font. There are no longer any green/yellow/red dots next to upcoming recordings, things are worse, not better. Is there any way to roll back the theme to the previous version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mikitz View Post
    Yes I have to second this. We just received an update for the Mythbuntu 28.4 skin and it has an oversized font. There are no longer any green/yellow/red dots next to upcoming recordings, things are worse, not better. Is there any way to roll back the theme to the previous version?
    The theme developer hangs out on the mythtv-users mailing list ( http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users ), as well as the IRC channel on freenode #ubuntu-mythtv

He's pretty receptive to feedback, you should head over there. He even asked for questions and comments on the mailing list regarding these version 28 changes. I bet he even knows of a way to revert to the previous theme version, although he'd probably prefer to just fix any issues the theme currently has.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey thanks, I will try that!

Beans

Yes, they are on #ubuntu-mythtv right now (9pm EST)

Beans

just to put another angle on this,... I actually like the bigger font,.. but that might be an age thing,.. and viewing TV from a distance.

But I also liked the colour ICON bits to,.. and why are some recording now hi-lighted in yellow...

Come to think of it where are the instructions,.. ( I'm sure someone can tell me there under my nose , I just need glasses )

But my thanks to the authors of this skin.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by diyhouse View Post
    just to put another angle on this,... I actually like the bigger font,.. but that might be an age thing,.. and viewing TV from a distance.

But I also liked the colour ICON bits to,.. and why are some recording now hi-lighted in yellow...

Come to think of it where are the instructions,.. ( I'm sure someone can tell me there under my nose , I just need glasses )

But my thanks to the authors of this skin.
    Yellow means the recording is marked as damaged.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?