Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I'm downloading Kubuntu 14.04 now. Am wondering will I need to install The official release when it becomes available or will this seamlessly become the official release?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Gibson View Post
    I'm downloading Kubuntu 14.04 now. Am wondering will I need to install The official release when it becomes available or will this seamlessly become the official release?
    It should become the official release. Look at /etc/apt/sources.list. It has something like "trusty universe" and so in it. That's the final repository.

Beans

Maybe a dumb question , but if I install 14.04 on my PC now as beta, when it goes 'live' does my PC automagically get 'live' as well, or do I have to re-install?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi_one_2014 View Post
    any early adopters of 14.04 here?
    waht's your experience?
    I'm running Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 and so far it seems very stable. It's nearly a finished product at this point anyway...feautre freeze was about a month ago, and I believe kernel freeze is today. Now they're just rolling out bug-fixes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by hattpa View Post
    Maybe a dumb question , but if I install 14.04 on my PC now as beta, when it goes 'live' does my PC automagically get 'live' as well, or do I have to re-install?

No it will just work. At least it did for me with the beta versions of 13.04 and 13.10. No reason to think this will change more details here

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hattpa View Post
    You will not have to reinstall. If you just update -> dist-upgrade -> autoremove -> autoclean you should be good to go!

Beans

Thanks for the quick reply ChiefWOTJ.
    Guess what I'm doing tonight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12