Suspend still not working on 12.04 LTS

Hi I am using

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
    Release: 12.04
    Codename: precise

on a Dell Latitude D600
    $ uname -a
    Linux roberto-Latitude-D600 3.2.0-58-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 3 17:40:43 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I tried to suspend using the suggestion in:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1978290

but it hasn't worked yet.
    Do you have any advice? I could also switch back to 11.10 if necessary, but I absolutely need working suspend to ram.
    By the way, which command from line should I use?

Please help.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Roberto.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Suspend still not working on 12.04 LTS

Are you aware that Lubuntu 12.04 is no longer supported?

You should at least consider updating the OS to Lubuntu 13.10, or even looking at Lubuntu 14.04 daily image from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/pending/ which even though it is only at beta stage seems very stable; not without an odd glitch or two, but nothing show-stopping.

If that is not an option have a look at the Lubuntu 12.04 deriviative LXLE, which uses the 12.04 base but adds a number of repos for the LXDE parts of lubuntu which have now lost support. I have no idea whether or not that will overcome your suspend problem, but it uses a later kernel which might help. You could even try a later kernel in your current Lubuntu12.04; search for 3.5.0- or 3.8.0- kernels in synaptic and install the appropriate one to see if it helps out.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

Re: Suspend still not working on 12.04 LTS

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Are you aware that Lubuntu 12.04 is no longer supported?
    yes, but newer versions are not compatible with my hardware on this laptop. Already tested Ubuntu 13.04

If that is not an option have a look at the Lubuntu 12.04 deriviative LXLE
    I just did this and the problem persists. I'm writing from LXLE 12.04 LTS.

You could even try a later kernel in your current Lubuntu12.04; search for 3.5.0- or 3.8.0- kernels in synaptic and install the appropriate one to see if it helps out.
    ok, will try this and let's see ...