Thread: Ask ubuntu / launchpad login errors

Beans

Ask ubuntu / launchpad login errors

As an early adopter of linux I have been please by the amount of support it has gathered in my 16 year absence.

However, trying to access this support is problematic. Obviously my ubuntu sso login worked here as I am writing this post but Launchpad and Ask ubuntu both throw a wobbly when I try to sign in.

Launchpad says an error occurred and does a screen refresh followed by an error code (which I know I should have copied) Then when I try again it after I login via ubuntu forums Launchpad does login

But if I go to Ask ubuntu and click login (which I would have thought unnecessary as I am already signed in via ubuntu forums and launchpad) I get directed to a choice of login - Google/Facebook/Launchpad/Stack exchange. Choosing launchpad and entering the same login address as sucessfully used above gives me an error message "
    OpenIdIdentifierRequired"

Is the clever login stuff broken or can someone point me to something in my setup to check? (currently using a Win7 PC to login)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ask ubuntu / launchpad login errors

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.

There is no connection between ask ubuntu & here other than the word 'ubuntu'
    As far as the launchpad login on ask ubuntu, don't think it has worked in a long time, if ever. (don't know why it's still there..

So pick some other means or just "sign up"
    (once logged into ask ubuntu you'll stay logged in as long as their cookie(s) are alive/present.

edit: the tougher question may be "how to log out of ask ubuntu?"
    Last edited by mc4man; March 23rd, 2014 at 04:53 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Launchpad login works for me, but I had to do it manually. The launchpad button didn't work for me.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I had to manually log in to Launchpad, too.

AU is a Stack Exchange site, so it has nothing to do with this. But I was able to log in there with my normal credentials.
    The Left Coast Geek * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.