Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Like posts

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Like posts

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    I'll see if one of the admins over there can tell me what they're using.
    Thanks forrestcupp - all I can do is say that we'll look

If they don't want things advertised they can mail me it at my ubuntu.com address

I too would like to see it restored. Things have changed. Thank you forrestcupp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I Like this idea, forrestcupp mentioned. No idea as to how 'thank you' got abused.
    Want to also add : 'Follow this thread' feature, can it be done? It is easy to follow certain threads .

PS Edit: Sorry, Subscribe does that already. Like will be cool !
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Quote Originally Posted by bhattabhishek View Post
    Want to also add : 'Follow this thread' feature, can it be done? It is easy to follow certain threads .
    It is already in

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Oops, seems like I edited and you posted at the same time s.fox

I suddenly remembered I had seen the Follow/Subscribe in Thread Tools
    bhatta

'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@bhattabhishek, in case you haven't found it yet, you can change your settings so that you autosubscribe to every thread that you post in. Settings -> General Settings -> Default Thread Subscription Mode. There are 3 email options or "Through my Control Panel only" if you don't want to be deluged with emails. If you choose the Control Panel option, every time you click on settings you'll see a list of subscribed threads with posts made to them since the last time you visited the thread.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @bhattabhishek, in case you haven't found it yet, you can change your settings so that you autosubscribe to every thread that you post in. Settings -> General Settings -> Default Thread Subscription Mode. There are 3 email options or "Through my Control Panel only" if you don't want to be deluged with emails. If you choose the Control Panel option, every time you click on settings you'll see a list of subscribed threads with posts made to them since the last time you visited the thread.
    Thanks a lot, coffeecat. I didn't know about that.
    I had subscribed to a few (2) threads before, but that was with Thread Tools.
    bhatta

'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

The forum I'm talking about is a lot smaller community than this one. It has several good, active mods, but the admins are hardly ever around. They are also admins over a big Android forum owned by the same person. So I haven't been able to get a hold of the main admin over there to find out what plugin they're using. I've PMed him, but haven't heard anything back, and the mods don't have any knowledge of the inner workings of the forum setup. If I hear anything back, I'll let you guys know.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, it's at the Wii U Forums. I'm not sure if you have to be signed in as a member to see the Like feature. Basically, in the lower right corner of each post are links to "Like" or "Share" the post. Sorry I haven't been able to get info on plugins. I do think this feature would be great to have on this forum, though. "Liking" posts has kind of become ingrained into our modern society.

Edit: And I didn't post that link for people to trash the Wii U.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    The forum I'm talking about is a lot smaller community than this one. It has several good, active mods, but the admins are hardly ever around. They are also admins over a big Android forum owned by the same person. So I haven't been able to get a hold of the main admin over there to find out what plugin they're using. I've PMed him, but haven't heard anything back, and the mods don't have any knowledge of the inner workings of the forum setup. If I hear anything back, I'll let you guys know.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, it's at the Wii U Forums. I'm not sure if you have to be signed in as a member to see the Like feature. Basically, in the lower right corner of each post are links to "Like" or "Share" the post. Sorry I haven't been able to get info on plugins. I do think this feature would be great to have on this forum, though. "Liking" posts has kind of become ingrained into our modern society.

Edit: And I didn't post that link for people to trash the Wii U.
    Thanks for looking.

I can see the button, I did look into it for us, the plugin I found was similar to the previous plugin we used, though it did appear to be customisable so you could have Like instead of Thanks.

I'll dig that out again and we'll (FC) have a chat amongst ourselves and a think, if we do move on it, then it could well take a while to get it worked on for us.

That's not a sweep it under the carpet comment either

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Thanks for looking.

I can see the button, I did look into it for us, the plugin I found was similar to the previous plugin we used, though it did appear to be customisable so you could have Like instead of Thanks.

I'll dig that out again and we'll (FC) have a chat amongst ourselves and a think, if we do move on it, then it could well take a while to get it worked on for us.

That's not a sweep it under the carpet comment either
    Thanks, Elfy. I had no expectations. I was just giving a suggestion. Thanks for checking into it.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast