Thread: Acrobat Reader Tabs will not close

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Acrobat Reader Tabs will not close

This is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit. I have installed Adobe's Acrobat Reader (ver. 9.5.5 of 4-26-13). When more than one pdf document is open (by open I mean open in tabs), the individual tabs will not close. Only the entire Reader. Is this a Reader option or a fault?
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans

Re: Acrobat Reader Tabs will not close

Can you close a tab from the menu, File >> Close ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

The pull down menu does not open, however, using a right click within a tap brings up a menu and there, the close option works. Still this is a fault within some part of the software. If someone will tell me the proper folks to tell about this, I'll be pleased to do so. Is that Ubuntu developers? The Adobe Company? Sourceforge?
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans

I have the same, or a similar problem. Sometimes I can't close a tab with the mouse. When that happens, I use the keyboard: Alt+F to access the File menu, etc.

This looks like the appropriate place to report bugs: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acroread

But according to this, support may have ended:
    http://blogs.adobe.com/security/2013...d-of-life.html
    Last edited by Dave_L; March 19th, 2014 at 05:20 PM.