Thread: Installing packages errors

Beans

Installing packages errors

Hello,
    Im new to all this so i dont know too much about Ubuntu. I installed 12.04 LTS version and i have problem where almost every package i install on the end i get error that instalation fails but applications seems to be installed. Does that have some connection with encrypting that i choose when i started installing Ubuntu?

Second thing: I have installed win7 (2primary part.) and one logical so i resized logical and made 2 more partitions for ubuntu 1 is 15gb as main and second 5gb swap at the end of that HDD. I manage to install Ubuntu but i cant format linux swap partition. Is it maybe that a reason for receiving error?

I have HP G6 Pavilion 4GB DDR2 ram
    500GB hitachi HDD
    processor AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics × 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Installing packages errors

I don't understand.
    What's what about what?

firstly, what are the errors for the updates.

secondly, how did you make the swap partition?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Re: Installing packages errors

I somehow solved problem.
    1. Ubuntu install from USB
    2. I choose to encrypt home and swap
    3. After several attempts i first made format swap partition and then ubuntu with ext4 fs
    4. Everything was nearly ok but when i was booting system i get error /dev/mapper/cryptwap1 (you probably know)
    5.Gparted didn t recognise swap at all from start. it was showing unknown with red sign .
    6. Then i was searching internet how to install java7 and i found some pages where it is uses ppa:webupd8team .... and try that but i was getting error mismatching packages SHA:***
    7. after that every single application that i tryed to install was installing with error on the end. First i was thinking that apps wasnt installed but i notice that shortcuts was there.
    8 I installed Synaptic Package manager app for removing and adding packages and i uninstall anything that was java7 related and installed Icetea java app and that solved problem with java.
    9 After that every package was installing ok.
    10. I found on internet solution for cryptwap1 missing error. i did everything as it should but when i dont do command sudo ecryptfs-setup-swap Gparted recognise swap as normal linux-swap fs ..... And if i use that command i get startup error dev mapper cryptswap1 is not ready .... then i must everything from start.

So problem was installing Oracle-java7 from repository so if anyone has that kind of problem this is how i solved. Mismatching package.
    For cryptwap1 booting error i guess that Gparted cant recognise it becouse it is encrypted or something else idk becouse this is first time i have installed Ubuntu.