Thread: having problem resizing partition to dual boot ubuntu asus s400ca

Beans

having problem resizing partition to dual boot ubuntu asus s400ca

Hey my problem is that there is no option in ubuntu installer to dual boot windows there is however another choice to resize partitions. I have the ultrabook asus s400ca with 6gb of ram and 24gb of ssd and i5. When I go to computer my partitions are as follows on disc 0 there are 6: 300MB efi system partition, 600mb recovery partition, 185gb os c ntfs, 350 healthy recovery partition, 258gb data d: ntfs, and 20.01gb recovery partition. For disc 1 I have 6gb oem partition, 16.36gb primary partition.

Ok so I have only used 460mb of the 258gb data d: ntfs partition. I would like to resize that one and use it for the ubuntu. My c drive will be plenty for my use I have only used 70gb of the 185gb. My question is I don't want to rush in to things and if someone can just give me a step by step so I don't mess up my computer I would greatly appreciate it. Also I am able to boot into ubuntu 13.10 through my usb and it works fine I want to dual boot it with windows and partition it correctly.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: having problem resizing partition to dual boot ubuntu asus s400ca

Please do not start multiple threads for the same question, it dilutes the community's ability to help.

Duplicate of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2211415 closed.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.