Thread: Why Sound Problems at this Late Date?

Beans

Exclamation Why Sound Problems at this Late Date?

Just a rhetorical question in the headline - Why is Ubuntu having sound problems at this stage of development?

I am not the only one:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=sound

If this OS platform wants to seriously compete in the market, losing sound - which is fairly important to just about everyone, except maybe those hacking away at code in silence - is absolutely unacceptable.

I don't have my shorts in a bunch because I don't much listen to music while surfing, nor do I play games. But I do like to view the occasional video, and I want to take an online course this Summer where video lectures will be happening. Losing all sound coming from my computer is just totally frustrating, and I would suspect send others right back to another OS.

Sound functionality should be up there at the top of the list for priority. And the unwashed, non-techie user (like me) should not have to wade through a monsterous set of analytical steps using the command-line at this stage of the game.

No rancor here, just a (mostly) satisfied Ubuntu user who would like to see the OS platform begin to nudge Windows out of the game (because it is soooo much better) -- not to mention get some sounds coming out of the speakers again.

Thanks in advance for noticing, and for any help/updates to make my sound return.

Dave

Beans

Re: Why Sound Problems at this Late Date?

>, just a (mostly) satisfied Ubuntu user who would like to see the OS platform begin to nudge Windows out of the game (because it is soooo much better)<

should read: "...see Ubuntu nudge Windows..." (because Ubuntu is so much better)
    D.