Thread: why has my userID changed?

Beans

why has my userID changed?

Why has my userID for ubuntu forums changed; it was originally Flaggmann and now it is Flaggmann2 ???

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: why has my userID changed?

Moved to Resolution Centre.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You have two Ubuntu One accounts, one with which you successfully logged into the Flaggmann account on 1st August 2013. It had a yahoo.com email address set as preferred matching the Flaggmann account email.

On 26th August 2013 you logged into the forum with a different Ubuntu One account with a different yahoo email. As this didn't match any email address in the forum database, the system created a new account - flaggmann2. You need to use the correct Ubuntu One account to log into the Flaggmann account.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

OK thanks I was not aware of that problem. I have corrected my records here and logged into the Flaggmann account OK. I tried to edit the profile Flaggmann2 to delete it but was not allowed access to delete it due to only three posts.

Is there any way to just delete the Flaggmann2 account now, as I have duplicate posted my xrandr problem through the original Flaggmann account now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thanks for letting us know you've been able to log into the Flaggmann account. I'll disable the flaggman2 account. We don't delete accounts.

Please be aware that if you now use the Ubuntu One account linked to the flaggman2 account, you'll simply be sent back to the Ubuntu One page, but you'll be fine with the Ubuntu One account linked with the Flaggmann account.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.