Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Linux Foundation class "Introduction to Linux" will open for free on an edX MOOC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: The Linux Foundation class "Introduction to Linux" will open for free on an edX M

*bump* The class says "starts third quarter" -- I thought it would be academic quarter, ie, spring term. Not this spring term apparently. Got a recent email saying "over the next few months we'll fine-tune course materials". Anybody have a firm date for when the course opens?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: The Linux Foundation class "Introduction to Linux" will open for free on an edX M

I received the same email. I was under the impression it would start sometime this summer, but I may be wrong.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    I received the same email. I was under the impression it would start sometime this summer, but I may be wrong.
    Same Here!
    Over 100,000 Registered(impressive)
    “Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one" Benjamin Franklin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    Same Here!
    Over 100,000 Registered(impressive)
    Yes
    What you probably know is that there is a heavy dropout in MOOCs. In any case, 10% remaining would mean 10,000 addicts..
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks for the heads up. I took the audit option for now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PartisanEntity View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I took the audit option for now.
    May be we can team up
    J'aime les fraises.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I took the audit option as well -- maybe a forum thread for Q&A once the course gets rolling?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PondPuppy View Post
    I took the audit option as well -- maybe a forum thread for Q&A once the course gets rolling?
    A MOOC also lives because of its community base. They usually setup forums within the MOOC to have the community work together and sometimes even set up peer grading. I guess it will depend on the dynamics of the community and the tools they will use.
    J'aime les fraises.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Anyone know if it is possible to switch to the certified registration once the course starts? I would generally be interested in Linux certification but would like to get a taste of the course once it starts before I commit to paying and getting certified. Is that possible at all? (At the moment I signed up and chose the audit option)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PartisanEntity View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to switch to the certified registration once the course starts? I would generally be interested in Linux certification but would like to get a taste of the course once it starts before I commit to paying and getting certified. Is that possible at all? (At the moment I signed up and chose the audit option)
    I do not know TBH and skimmed again over the different policies and rules and FAQs. What they say is that you can get a refund within 14 days after the course begins.
    J'aime les fraises.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast