Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Remote desktop

Hi all just popped 14.04 onto my system, submitted a few crashes to launchpad but all in all for an alpha, very impressed how far along it is!

I know this is an advanced feature t bring up in an alpha release, but just noticed I cant connect through VNC from my Ipad (Works flawlessly from 12.04 and 13.10) get the message that "the VNC server is not set up to authenticate VNC" in two years of running a remote ubunutu on my ipad I've never seen this. I've never had to do anymore than use the GUI to set up remote desktop before... Just wondering where to start trouble shooting the VNC server?

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04 (Alpha Release) - VNC not working

Hello Everyone,

I need your help to resolve the issue with VNC - Remore desktop connection. I upgraded my ubuntu from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 (Alpha) today. I was able to connect to Ubuntu desktop (12.04) from my IPAD using HippoRemote LIte or RealVNC before. But after upgradation to 14.04, this is not working all of a sudden. I tried many options to the best of my knowledge, including but not limited to, changing / restarting my router settings, reinstalling VNC server etc, changing default port 5900 to different and port forwading etc. But none of them worked.

It seems VINO is not listening to ipv4 connections, may be it conflicts with ipv6. Could any of you please help me how I can get through this.

nims@reny:~$ netstat -alpn | grep :5900
    (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
    will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5900 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 18615/vino-server
    tcp6 0 0 :::5900 :::* LISTEN 18615/vino-server

Thanks!
    nimsreny

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 (Alpha Release) - VNC not working

The purpose of pre-release is to test for bugs, so you should file a bug report. This thread should be in the ubunu+1 subforum where the testers may give you better advice.

Beans

Thanks for quick response. I'm new to this forum. Could you please suggest me how I can move this thread to ubunu+1 subforum?

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04 (Alpha Release) - VNC not working

Hello Everyone,

I need your help to resolve the issue with VNC - Remore desktop connection. I upgraded my ubuntu from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 (Alpha) today. I was able to connect to Ubuntu desktop (12.04) from my IPAD using HippoRemote LIte or RealVNC before. But after upgradation to 14.04, this is not working all of a sudden. I tried many options to the best of my knowledge, including but not limited to, changing / restarting my router settings, reinstalling VNC server etc, changing default port 5900 to different and port forwading etc. But none of them worked.

I am not sure, but it seems VINO is not listening to ipv4 connections, may be it conflicts with ipv6 Could any of you please help me how I can get through this.

nims@reny:~$ netstat -alpn | grep :5900
    (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
    will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5900 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 18615/vino-server
    tcp6 0 0 :::5900 :::* LISTEN 18615/vino-server

Thanks!
    nimsreny

Beans

OKay. I am unable to rmove this thread nor delete. So I posted a thread in ubuntu+1 subform. Below is the link

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post12952347

Beans
    Distro

Hey this is exactly the same issue as I reported here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2210243

suggest merging threads?

additionally i also updated from 12.04 using dist-upgrade. I tried all these steps yesterday, no joy either.
    this morning before going to work I booted into the live environment and it worked flawlessly. I suspect it is an issue updating from 12.04.

i set it installing a clean 14.04 before i left for work to test further when i get home. Will also test upgrade from 13.10 later then submit data to launchpad.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Remote desktop

Merged two similar threads.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Moved to Ubuntu +1.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests by PM, thanks |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Remote desktop

Merged another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast