Thread: Unable to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Sat Pro

Beans

Unable to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Sat Pro

I am currently running ubuntu but require to boot windows 7 only my device as well. I have tried to do this through my usb. I have formatted it to NTFS and labled as a boot flag with GParted. Then I have installed the iso file onto the stick using UNetbootin built 494. This all runs well but the BIOS does not read the USB device. I have also installed this iso onto a DVD and again does not recognize the device. My BIOS recognises the USB when installing other linux distributions but not with windows installed. I have also checked the copy of windows 7 with virtualbox and runs perfectly.

Does any one know how I could install this on my PC and get my BIOS to recognise the USB with Windows 7 on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Unable to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Sat Pro

Stephen30, I'm curious about your hardware -- in particular, is it likely to have UEFI installed? (I think, from what user oldfred mentioned on another thread, that hardware newer than about 2011 could be UEFI-enabled.)

Beans

Re: Unable to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Sat Pro

Go to BIOS, f10 on my HP Pavilion, and change the boot order. I have Insyde BIOS. Make the usb stick first on the boot order list, or above the Ubuntu Linux Boot location. Insert the stick before you start the system.