Thread: Touchpad suddenly not working. But has worked for weeks? c720 linux unity crouton

Beans

Touchpad suddenly not working. But has worked for weeks? c720 linux unity crouton

Good afternoon

I wonder if anyone can please help.

I am dual booting an acer c720 with Chrome OS and Ubuntu/unity using crouton.

For several weeks the touchpad has worked in ubuntu. And was working this morning. But now the touchpad does not work. I have not installed any software or changed anything. Just suddenly stopped working.

I know that the touchpad is physically ok because when I go back to Chrome the touchpad works perfectly.

Any suggestions for how to solve this and perhaps also to stop it happening again.

Kind regards

Beans

Re: Touchpad suddenly not working. But has worked for weeks? c720 linux unity crouton

If you are using crouton, you aren't dual booting, but running Ubuntu in a chrooted environment.

If you are using chrubuntu, you are dual booting and running Ubuntu natively. I have created images for the c720 that has all the issues worked out (suspend, mouse, graphics, etc ...). You can find it here: https://www.distroshare.com/distros/get/12/ .